Monday, May 12, 2008

coral in the capital

On Tuesday I took my completed coral reef contributions

and those of fellow KTog members to the Royal Festival Hall and was stunned by the size, range, variety and beauty of things that were being brought in from all over the country. But guess who was so busy being awed by giant crocheted anemone with a central flower made of dozens of non-applicator tampons that she forgot to take photos. (Rhetorical question, you know the answer...) Thank heavens that Yvonne, who went a couple of hours later, was more organised!

Whilst in London, I managed to pay my first-ever visit to I Knit London. And I'm smitten. I was a model of restraint leaving only with a book on spinning, 2 balls of Wensleydale Longwool (DK) and one of those infamous disappearing crochet hooks (of which you have heard far too much this evening). But I'll be back to buy more soon.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

How pretty! I especially like the group of tubular corals with the fuzzy heads. :)

Anonymous said...

This is so interesting. I love the little parts of the coral reef which you crocheted. I MUST learn to crochet.

TutleyMutley said...

What, what? a central flower of non applicator tampons??? Sounds truly amazing and shame on you for not taking a piccy! (pouts).
YOur own contributions are beautiful and this coral reef must be a sight not to be missed...

A fellow knit from our Ktog is going to IKnit and reporting back next month - I'm so jealous as it sounds like its quite an experience. But I have booked to see the Yarn Harlot so I'll just have to be patient. Gerard hails from Totnes which is just up the road from me don't ya know.

Probably Jane said...

Your coral reef contributions are lovely - they show your trademark eye for colour.