Monday, January 07, 2008

baffled...

Can anyone explain to me why the trailer for the forthcoming BBC adaptation of Flora Thompson's Lark Rise to Candleford (written in the late 1930s/early 1940s but recalling Thompson's teenage years in the late 19th century) is accompanied by a a soundtrack from Led Zeppelin (circa 1976 or so)

And can anyone put me out of my misery by telling me precisely which track it is, as I'm losing sleep over this one, literally...

What next? All (anachronistic) suggestions welcomed!

*edited to add*:
Mr Caught Knitting reckons the sound track has been added to try and interest men. (Not that it works for him, the Led Zep records in our lounge belong to me...) Apparently there's an article on costume drama in The Guardian today in which the author says her husband and son both leave the room if they spot a bonnet on the screen...

2 comments:

picperfic said...

no and no! I am eagerly looking forward to viewing it though. The BBC seems to have this trendy way of showing period dramas lately, didn't they have some modern music with Cranford? You recognise led Zepelin? My ggodness, there is more to you than meets the eye!

Anonymous said...

hi from america, do you have old simply knitting magazines, Looking for nativity pattern by alan dart. Thanks, Sarah