Monday, August 20, 2007

Jenn's SP11 Contest (yet more questions)

I'm in Jenn's group for SP11 and she's asked us to Blog the answers to some questions. They may look easy, but I've had a tought time answering some of them...

1. What is the one knitting accessory you could not live without?

I'm assuming that yarn, needles and time (albeit in tiny snatches!) don't count as accessories, so the only other thing I always have is me is my trusty Chibi case and sewing-up needles. This was a gift from Liz and the first time I tried one of the needles out I was really frustrated by the curved end, but the more I use it, the more I love it.

2. If you're heading on vacation, do you take knitting with you? If so, how much and what type of project?
Yes (the thought of travelling without it is unthinkable) but I've learned to travel very light: I take oddments of 4-ply yarn and perle sewing thread, 3.25mm dpns and 3mm and 1.5mm crochet hooks then I'm all set to work anything from crocheted corsages to baby bootees to small modular knit bags. they're in my bag even for my journey to work. For a vacation I'll add a pair of 5.5mm needles (sometimes my Peace fleece ones, sometimes my Britanny needles) and the addresses of any yarn stores within a 20-mile radius of wherever I'm staying. The 5.5mm needles are on the offchance that I might encounter some Noro (Kureyon, Blossom or Silk Garden)...I made 3 scarves after visiting Bobbins in Whitby this time last year....


3. Where have you travelled to that you'd consider your favorite spot?
Didima Camp in the Drakensburg Mountains, South Africa. With this view


plus some modular knitting, my husband and a gin & tonic, well, what more can a girl ask? But the yarn shop I found in Gamla Stan (the old town of Stockholm) a few years ago runs a very close second (it is where I first saw, and purchased Noro yarn)!

4. What is your favorite knitting book at the moment? Do you own it?
I've not seen it in real life but I'm lusting after Invisible Threads in Knitting by Annemor Sundbo. Sadly it does not seem to be available in the UK, sigh.

5. Do you listen to podcasts? Which is your favorite(s)?
Sadly not, as my broadband connection is very unreliable.

1 comment:

Rosie said...

Blogger really is refusing to accept my edits... the book I'm lusting after is
Invisible Threads in Knitting by Annemor Sundbo, but I don't think you can get it in the UK!