Monday, February 26, 2007

odi et amo

Well, when there's nothing interesting to blog about there's always poetry. Here is the extraordinary piece by Catullus known as "poem 85":

odi et amo. quare id faciam fortasse requiris.
nescio, sed fieri sentio, et excrucior.

"I love and I hate. How can that be, perhaps you ask. I do not know, but I feel it happening and I am in torment". At least, I think that's how it translates.

This poem really sums up how I feel at the moment, but not because of any romantic problems!

Never mind, at least I've been having fun hooking (a curly whirly in acid green, cyclamen and a riotuous multi-colour from 21st century yarns), there's a KTog tomorrow night and SkipNorth is less than a fortnight away. And, in a bid to unwind, I'm making a point of changing out of my suit as soon as I get home each night.

3 comments:

Wye Sue said...

And soon you will have some Old Rosie for a not so Old Rosie ;-)
And if that doesn't cheer you then I'm not a mad knitter....

picperfic said...

Barry is reading about Latin, I bought him a book for Christmas and he keeps coming out with amusing and interesting sayings....sorry I missed the Ktog tonight, we were in Devon and only just got back this evening, I do hope to make the next one....

Holly said...

HI -- your favorite color swap package is headed your way. Since it's coming from Seattle, WA, it will take about a week! I had fun shopping for you at Stitches.