Friday, February 02, 2007

the joys of missing the bus...

Yay! Back again after some sort of blip in Tiscali's service. Have been itching to blog since Wednesday morning, when I missed the 7.40am bus (this is unheard of for me, but my sleep had been mightily disturbed by unearthly noises!). Even though (oh, the horror) my watch read 7.38 as I flew the house, I *convinced* myself I'd make it. (After all, the thing is rarely on time).

The stop was suspciously devoid of people when I got there, so I decided to read. But, as I pulled my novel from my bag, I was aware of swift movement in the field opposite. Two animals, long, low-down in the grass, rusty pelts, dark tips to their tails; chasing each other round and round and round. Yes, the night-time catawaulers: a pair of foxes a-courting. One soon loped off, but the other remained, obscured by a stand of tall grass (hope it wasn't dining on the resident barn owl!). When I got on the 8 o'clock bus I saw friends I'd not seem for ages (bonus!) and they soon spotted the fox, too.

NB. Eagle-eyed readers will note that there has been sweet FA in the way of knitting/crochet content of late. This, alas, reflects a dose of RSI caused by peeling price stickers off and the wretched post-viral Blahs. Boo!

2 comments:

Mary deB said...

sweet FA, that's an expression we don't hear enough of...

Anonymous said...

Hi Rosie -- please answer these questions so that I can shop for you!

Favorite Color Swap Questionnaire

1. What are your top three favorite colors?

2. What crafts do you really enjoy?

3. What products do you really covet?

4. What other activities do you enjoy besides your favorite crafty things?

5. Is there anything you collect?

6. What is your zodiac sign and/or Chinese zodiac symbol?

7.What are your favorite…

…scents/smells?

…types of music and/or bands?

…authors?

…animals?

…places to shop?

…season?

…yarn/fabric/paper/other craft supplies?

…candies or goodies?

8. Do you have any wish lists?

9. Are you allergic to anything?

10. Do you have any pets? What are they?

11. Please include anything else you would like your secret pal to know about you- anything that would be helpful in finding you little gifts that you will really enjoy.

Your Favorite Color Swap Partner